Kitchen fire safety
With over 60 years’ experience, Lehavot has long been recognized pioneer and leading provider of high quality Fire Protection Systems. Incorporating the most advanced technologies, LEHAVOT’S best of breed solutions have proven themselves in every level of fire protection application.
Today, LEHAVOT’S tailor-made solutions help global customers meet the challenges of the 21st century, delivering superior performance over a long service life at the most competitive price.
Our Advantages – Operational Efficiency & Outstanding Reliability
LEHAVOT’S products benefit from decades of expertise and experience in the development, design and manufacture of Fire Protection Systems. Our wide range of state-of-the-art solutions provides the highest operational efficiency and utmost reliability, offering unequalled operational quality.LEHAVOT’S products benefit from decades of expertise and experience in the development, design and manufacture of Fire Protection Systems. Our wide range of state-of-the-art solutions provides the highest operational efficiency and utmost reliability, offering unequalled operational quality.
LEHAVOT’S dedication to its customers is matched by our commitment to the environment. Our comprehensive systems solutions maximize fire agent efficiency, and we are constantly searching for new and better manufacturing materials and methods to ensure sustainability. As a result, LEHAVOT products comply with the most stringent international standards and approvals such as FM, UL, EN, CE, MIL specs and other.
Customized Solutions +Global Presence = Peace of Mind
Powered by decades of intensive interaction with the world’s major end-users, LEHAVOT’s proven products have been carefully customized to meet the requirements of global customers such as Reliance, IOTL, Navistar and many others, in the following sectors:
- Buses & Trains
- Kitchen-Hood systems
- Oil & Gas tank
- Storage protection
- Off-road vehicles (Mines, Agriculture, etc.)
- Cellular antennas
- CNC machines
LEHAVOT’s global presence provides customers with real peace of mind. With a worldwide network of subsidiaries and international distributors, the company’s reputation has been established through a commitment to top quality sales & pest sales service supported by teams of highly trained & dedicated professionals.
Automatic Fire Protection Systems by Lehavot
Electric and Gas-operated cooking appliances in the kitchen use large amounts of flammable ingredients and are in particularly high danger of ignition and fire outbreak.
The system caters to the needs of both small and large kitchens such as those in hotels, restaurants, hospitals and public institutions.
Features and Benefits
- Fast detection – quickly detects fires to minimize damage and injuries.
- Stainless Steel friendly – The extinguishing liquid has a low acid level (below pH:9) and protecting stainless surfaces
- Dual Action – Simultaneously extinguishes the fire while interrupting the energy supply.
- Environmentally friendly – water-based agent not harmful to the envireonment.
- Custom made solutions – Custom designing, modeling testing, and manufacturing of fire suppression systems to meet customer’s diverse requirements.
- Proprietary Technology
- Fast installation
- Flexible mounting of the discharge piping distribution
- Simple design of the discharge piping distribution, flexible mounting of the manual pull station and gas valve.
- Mechanical system – Does not require N2 or CO2 cylinder to operate the dry chemical agent.
- Multiple cylinder – Largest amount of cylinders (up to 6 unites) and longest distance between them in one system in the market.
- No crimping needed inside the MR
Kitchen Fire Suppression System
Simple and easy to maintain system effectively protects kitchens in hotels, restaurants, and public institutions with a high risk of fire.
The system protects the duct, hood, and cooking appliance areas using a continuous cable that connects all cooking devices with stragically placed detectors. Each detector is comprmised of four parts: detectors, a bracket, two “S” links, and a fusible link.
As the heat builds the fusible link will separate at a predetermined tempereature relieving tension on the cable and activating the system.
- The system is operated automatically or manually according to customer requirements.
- Temperature detection levels can be adjusted to suit the application.
- Heat detectors are installed within the plenum and are triggered only during fire, while nozzles are arranged to offer maximum extinguishing coverage of all cooking appliances.
- A manual pull station allows immediate response capabilities backing up the automatic suppression system.
- The system distributes the extinguishing agent all over protected areas, while interrupting the energy supply of gas and electricity of maximum protection against pre-ignition.
- Potassium hydroxide phosphate is used to extinguish cooking oil/grease fires. Upon contact with the oil, the liquid creates foam, preventing oxygen from reaching the fire and cooling area.
- All system parts are attractively styles, so as not to detract from the look of the kitchen, while the design ensures that kitchen workspace is not disrupted.
- After system operation, the kitchen can be ready to be re-utilized within minutes.
- The system can be recharged and ready to work in a very short period of time after discharge.
|Fusible link:||Melted by heat, the two halves of the link will separate operating the extinguishing agent.|
|Detector bracket:||Supporting the fusible link and the continuous cable under tension.|
|Mechanical release module (MRM)||Accomplished when a fusible link separates in a fire condition and releases tension on the cable causing a spring-loaded trigger to activate the cylinder discharge valve.|
|Nozzles:||Liquid agent stored under pressure when activated is transmitted through supply lines and discharged through nozzles.|
|Manual Pull Station:||Each Lehavot WCK system is equipped with at least one manual pull station providing a means of activating the system manually if required.|
|Extinguishing Agent:||The Lehavot extinguishing agent is based on a potassium compound that extinguishes cooking oil fires by means of cooling and saponification.|
|System Type||Cylinder||Number of Flow Points|
|WCK 6||6.4 L||1.68 Gal||2||5|
|WCK 9||9 L||2.3 Gal||5||7|
|WCK 16||16 L||4.2 Gal||7||12|
|WCK 20||20.5 L||5.4 Gal||12||16|
|WCK 26||26 L||6.8 Gal||12||20|
|WCK 16 + WCK 6 (chain)||12||17|
|WCK 16 + WCK 9 (chain)||12||19|
|WCK 16 + WCK 16 (chain)||20||26|
Appliance / Coverage
|Appliance||Flow Points||Max width (cm)||Max length (cm)|
|Deep fat fryer||2||46||71|
|Wok||1||31-60 dia.||9.5-17 depth|
|Appearance||Clear, colored liquid|
|Storage Life||12 years|
|Refractive index||1.39 – 1.41|
|Freezing point||-40°F [-40°C]|
|Specific gravity||1.14 g/cm3|
|Kinematic viscosity||3.2 cs @ 25 °C|
|PH||7.0 – 9.0|
|Cylinder color||RAAL 3002|
|Water solubility||Completely Miscible|
- UL-300 Listed: Fire Extinguishing Systems for protection for restaurant Cooking Areas.
- CE 0029 Mark
- ANSI NFPA Standard 96: Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations.